As we approach 2023, the real estate industry continues to evolve rapidly. It is important for individuals looking to invest in the industry to keep up with these trends to ensure they make informed decisions. In this article, we have outlined six real estate trends and predictions that you should watch out for in 2023.
- Firstly, smart parking solutions will continue to grow in popularity. Entrepreneurs have recognized the profitability of privately-owned parking spaces, and technology, such as ParqEx, has been developed to connect owners of private parking spots to people looking for parking. With the help of this technology, parking owners can generate additional income with minimal effort.
- Secondly, remote work will continue to have an effect on the commercial real estate industry. With more businesses using remote workers, there is less demand for commercial workspaces. This is predicted to continue in 2023, which may lead to a decline in the value of commercial real estate.
- Thirdly, the digital house-hunting revolution is set to continue. As more people move into the digital space, online property listing websites are growing in popularity. Homebuyers are now able to view more details about properties online, such as virtual staging, 3D tours, and drone videos.
- Fourthly, home prices are predicted to continue to rise in 2023. This is due to increased demand for single-family homes, as well as an increase in home improvement spending. Homeowners who invest in things like energy-efficient appliances and black cabinetry can command higher prices for their properties.
- Fifthly, rental property markets in larger cities are expected to continue to decline. Many people have moved out of major metropolitan areas due to the unrest that was evident during the pandemic. As a result, rental property markets in large cities have declined rapidly, and this trend is predicted to continue in 2023.
- Lastly, the number of individual real estate investors is expected to shrink in 2023. Large hedge funds and corporations are buying up real estate across the United States, making it difficult for individual investors to gain a competitive edge. Investing in a real estate investment trust may be a good option for individual investors looking to get a good return without having to directly manage a rental property.
In conclusion, the real estate industry is constantly evolving, and it is important to keep up with the latest trends and predictions. By being aware of these six trends, individuals can make informed decisions when investing in the real estate industry in 2023.