Two Rock Hill movie theater sites headline the biggest area property sales of late. There’s also a Walmart site, and lots of land off I-77.
Almost 30 York, Lancaster and Chester county properties sold for $1 million or more in April. Combined, the sales went for more than $108 million.
Here are, according to land records from each county, the biggest property sales in April from the tri-county area:
▪ A nearly 120,000-square-foot storage facility between Fort Mill and Tega Cay sold April 25 for $13 million. The 881 Gold Hill Road property built in 2016 sold from ABI Better Boxes Fort Mill to a company affiliated with Simply Self Storage of Orlando, Florida. The site is west of I-77, near the intersection of Gold Hill and Pleasant roads.
▪ The Super Walmart site in York sold to Michigan-based Agree Eastern. An almost 152,000-square-foot commercial property built in 1998, on close to 18 acres, sold April 5 for $12.8 million. The property at 970 E. Liberty St. is west of Moss Justice Center, and east of downtown York.
▪ Almost 5 acres at 600 Greenway Industrial Dr. in Fort Mill sold April 27 for $11 million. The site includes a more than 100,000-square-foot distribution warehouse in the Lakemont area near Carowinds Boulevard and Pleasant Road. YFO Exchange of Fort Mill bought the site for almost twice what prior owner 600 Greenway LLC paid in a 2020 sale. The site has been pieced out since it was part of a larger property that sold in 2014 for more than $53 million.
▪ A Rock Hill movie theater sold April 22 for $10.8 million. The 1935 Cinema Dr. property on almost 14 acres includes the nearly 60,000-square-foot Manchester Cinemas. California-based Ramar Property bought the site from Lyle Cinemas. The theater was built in 2000.
▪ A Fort Mill industrial property sold April 5 for $7.4 million. The 419 York Southern Road site includes a 100,000-square-foot distribution warehouse and 1,200 square feet of commercial space. Both buildings were constructed in 1978. An Alabama company bought the almost 7-acre property not far from the North Carolina line, between Lifepointe and MorningStar church properties.
▪ Three I-77 area properties in Rock Hill sold April 27 for $6.5 million. The properties combine for about 50 acres. A California-based company bought the properties from Javelin Real Estate. The properties run along the east side of the interstate between South Anderson and Firetower roads. The southernmost piece is beside Rock Hill High School. Part of the property has had multiple metal fabrication company owners.
▪ A total of 21 properties on Grish Street and one on Grant Farm Drive in Fort Mill sold April 26 for $5.7 million. The residential properties are a mix of built and vacant sites. The site is in the northern part of York County, near Tega Cay off S.C. 160 West. Triangle Real Estate of Gastonia bought the properties from Carolina Opportunity Fund.
▪ A 25,000-square-foot commercial building at 3475 Lakemont Blvd. in Fort Mill sold April 5 for almost $4.4 million. The property is more than 4 acres. A Charlotte company bought the office building there.
▪ A more than 4,700-square-foot commercial building at 4824 Old York Road sold April 5 for $3.5 million. The oil change business built there last year is in the Newport area of Rock Hill, near the Walmart shopping center. A company based in Matthews, N.C., bought the site.
▪ More than 21 acres of vacant residential property in Clover sold for almost $3.2 million on April 4. The property is near the southwest corner of the S.C. 55 and 557 intersection, within Ole Cambridge Circle. It’s just west of Clover High School. Mattamy Carolina Corporation bought the site from local developer Development Solutions Group.
▪ More than two dozen vacant home sites on Hunts Mesa Drive, Moon Hill Place, Haystack Avenue and Sandstone Crest Lane in Lancaster County sold April 13 for almost $3.1 million. Stanley Martin Homes of Charlotte owns the Indian Land properties in the newest development in the Harrisburg and Barberville roads area, up against the North Carolina state line.
▪ A more than 12,000-square-foot commercial building on almost 3 acres at 499 Lakeshore Pkwy. sold April 14 for $2.9 million. New Jersey-based Vekash Holdings bought the Tech Park office property in Rock Hill.
▪ The more than 22-acre industrial site at 136 Grace Ave. in Lancaster sold April 1 for $2.5 million. Springs Global US of Fort Mill bought the site from Springs Office Investors LLC. The more than 100,000-square-foot site was built in 1969 and remodeled in 1974.
▪ A 160,000-square-foot commercial building on 19 acres sold April 4 for $2.5 million in Chester County. Sloan Industries bought the 2218 Dawson Dr. site from Jam Next Generation. The property is north of Chester, between Saluda and Darby roads.
▪ Almost 10 acres of property at 2240 Rosewood Drive in sold April 12 for $2 million. The Rock Hill School District sold the more than 40,000-square-foot school site, formerly Rosewood Elementary School, to Westminster Catawba Christian School.
▪ A home on more than 23 acres in Lancaster sold April 5 for almost $1.6 million. The home of the Three Crow Road property is more than 3,700 square feet.
▪ The former Carmike Cinema 7 and AMC Theatres site in Rock Hill sold for almost $1.5 million. Doggett LLC bought the property from Stewart & Everett Theatres on March 30, but re-recorded the site in property records April 11. The more than 22,000-square-foot theater built in 1982 sits on almost 5 acres at 2150 Cherry Road.
Plans were submitted to the city last year to convert the former theater to residential space.
▪ More than 10 acres of commercial property on Walnut Creek Parkway in Indian Land sold April 14 for almost $1.4 million. Lakemont Property Investors of Charlotte bought the site from Edenmoor Land Acquisition. The property sits at the southeast corner us U.S 521, or Charlotte Highway, and Walnut Creek Parkway.
▪ A 3,400-square-foot home on Pine Moss Lane in Lake Wylie sold April 14 for $1.3 million.
▪ A 5,000-square-foot Wessington Manor Lane home in Fort Mill sold April 8 for $1.3 million.
▪ A 4,100-square-foot Wood Duck Point home in Lake Wylie sold April 6 for $1.3 million.
▪ A King Road home on 30 acres in western York County sold April 25 for almost $1.3 million.
▪ A 3,700-square-foot Thatcher Way home in Fort Mill sold April 28 for almost $1.2 million.
▪ More than 66 acres of residential property on Bate Harvey Road in Clover sold April 19 for more than $1.1 million. The property is between Glenn Road and Christmas Tree Lane.
▪ A home on Chimney Bluff Road in Lancaster County sold April 21 for $1.1 million.
▪ A 3,800-square-foot Harvest Pointe Drive home in Fort Mill sold April 20 for more than $1 million.
▪ A 3,700-square-foot Wessington Manor Lane home in Fort Mill sold April 28 for more than $1 million.
▪ An almost 5,000-square-foot Lancaster County home on Loire Valley Drive sold April 18 for more than $1 million.
▪ Almost 29 acres of agricultural property on Old Church Road in Lancaster County sold April 19 for $1 million. The property is between Old Church and U.S. 521, just north of East Rebound Road in Indian Land.