A team of 10 T3 executives spent approximately 500 hours evaluating top executives in residential real estate organizations — primarily brokerages, technology companies and associations, such as MLS providers.
This year, Gary Keller, the co-founder and executive of kwx, the holding company for Keller Williams Realty, took the top spot. T3 noted that, according to the Real Estate Almanac, Keller Williams remains the largest real estate franchise in the U.S. based on sales volume, transaction sides and agent count.
Including Keller, the 10 most-powerful people in real estate in 2022 are:
- Gary Keller, Keller Williams Realty co-founder and kwx executive chairman.
- Glenn Sanford, eXp World Holdings founder and CEO.
- Ryan Schneider, Realogy Holdings Corp. president and CEO.
- Gino Blefari, HomeServices of America president and CEO.
- Robert Reffkin, Compass co-founder and CEO.
- Richard Barton, Zillow Group co-founder and CEO.
- Eric Wu, Opendoor co-founder and CEO.
- Glenn Kelman, Redfin president and CEO.
- Adam Contos, RE/MAX CEO.
- Hoddy Hanna III, Helen Hanna Casey and Hoby Hanna, Howard Hanna Real Estate leaders.
The SP 200 includes 44 powerful and influential female leaders. The four highest ranked women are:
- Helen Hanna Casey, Hanna Holdings CEO.
- Sue Yannaccone, Realogy Franchise Group president and CEO.
- Jill Jacobi Wood, Windermere Real Estate managing partner.
- Christy Budnick, HSF Affiliates (a HomeServices of America company) president and CEO.